Saturday, February 25, 2012

Compost, it's the shit.


Plotting thir attack. Photo cred Steph Aurello.

I've had a very farmy week, with visits to Weaver's Way's Awbury Arboretum and then West Philly's own Farm 51 today. I dropped in on Farm 51's first work day of 2012 with my good friend, surburbanite Stephanie Aurello, who will now share her experience with you about the chickens of Farm 51...

"Of all the things my parents told me to watch out for in West Philly, I was not expecting chickens...or that God awful turkey...they're not scared. (This makes me wonder if there's a close relation betweeen chickens and honey badgers."


Another one of Steph's new friends. Photo cred Steph Aurello.

When I asked Steph what scared her so much about the chickens (who I would playfully shoo with whatever farm tool was handy), she said: "Their beaks. Anything with potential to peck out your eyes, I'm out..."

On that note, thanks to my first-ever guest blogger, Stephanie Aurello.

Check back in tomorrow (Sunday) for the release of my interview with Kennett restaurant owner Ashley Bohan.

No comments:

Post a Comment