Saturday, May 5, 2012

South of the border this week

Hilton Head, S.C.- Checking in from Hilton Head, SC this week. As the youngest in a group of five awesome ladies (my mom included) on this trip, I’ve been designated as the tech guru, which I find entertaining. This means I demonstrate how to delete their email ‘trash’,  show them Obama and Jimmy Fallon and Chiquita Banana YouTube clips and most importantly teach my post-menopausal posse techy phrases like ‘JFGI’ (just  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Google it). Oh and since they’re all from Jersey, I also pump the gas.

Loggerhead sea turtle.

Anyway I’ll keep this short because, well, I’m on vacation.

However, I couldn’t leave you without a few fun facts with a little section I like to call:
DID YOU KNOW??
  • The waters around Hilton Head Island are one of the few places on Earth where dolphins routinely use a technique called "strand feeding" whereby schools of fish are herded up onto mud banks, and the dolphins lie on their side while they feed before sliding back down into the water. Thanks Wikipedia.
  • You don’t have to travel to the Caribbean to see Loggerhead turtles nesting. Hilton Head has a turtle nesting season that has just begun.
  • There are gators in the water here. I’m scared.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are learning a lot and teaching much needed knowledge to some of those ladies too. Thanks btw. This way I don't have to teach my mom when she gets home. Oh and I hope their new nickname (the post menopausal posse) sticks! Have fun!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete